The Washington Fish and Wildlife Commission convenes for a virtual Special Hatchery Workshop regarding Southern Resident Killer Whale (SRKW) Management and Population Dynamics.
- Southern Resident killer whale natural history and context, including threats to recovery
- Best available science regarding SRKW and interactions between threats, including science that informed work addressing prey availability
- Governor Inslee’s executive orders, Southern Resident Orca Task Force, and the subsequent Task Force process and recommendations
- Implementation of Task Force recommendations and progress across all threats
- SRKW hatchery production initiatives, directives, and decisions aimed at increasing prey for SRKW
- The Commission’s 2018 Southern Resident Orca Prey Enhancement Initiative