The Washington Fish and Wildlife Commission convenes for a special hatchery workshop meeting.
Workshop #2: Risks and Benefits of Hatchery Production
- Introduction of hazards and risks to natural-origin salmonid populations from hatchery production
- Discussion of selected hazards and risks as examples (genetic, fish health, and ecological interactions)
- Benefits – brief summary building on benefits discussed in Workshop #1
- What risks does the Commission’s 2018 Prey Initiative identify and what protections does it propose or provide from adverse effects on wild Chinook salmon populations?
- Comparison between C-3624 and the draft Co-Manager Hatchery Policy